Services at this location:
6:30 pm: 2nd, 3rd, 4th & 5th Sunday in the month
History Of Tunstall Chapel
In 1803 the Church at Grundisburgh was being greatly blessed and they were setting up cottages to be used for preaching all over the region. They secured a cottage in Tunstall on the same site as the chapel stands today, to use as a “Meeting House” and appointed Mr Reynolds who was a ”Shoe Maker” to look after the work.
The church at Tunstall was then officially planted in 1805 from those in the area who had joined the church. The membership continued to grow so in 1808 the existing building was pulled down and another built, which was nearly twice as large as the first. Further additions included adding a baptisty, a gallery, purchasing burial ground, a manse first at the common then in the village itself, memorial tablets for both World Wars, together with continued enlargements and modernisations throughout the years.
Together as Sudbourne & Tunstall:
In 1942 the village and countryside around Sudbourne was closed and taken over by the army for tank and officer training, so the Sudbourne pastor and members were invited to attend the Tunstall chapel.
When the war ended and the village of Sudbourne was reopened in 1948, the pastor and members decided to attend services at both the chapel buildings. The normal morning and afternoon services at Tunstall were supplemented with an evening service at Sudbourne.
Thus the twin church fellowship began and through close work and unity over the years we operate today as one church membership, making use of the two buildings in their two locations.
6:30pm: 2nd, 3rd, 4th & 5th Sunday in the month